2021/09/12

2021_09_12 I am still here :(

 2012_09_12  Life goes on.

So lock down is over for now.  Not sure how long that will last as the government seems to really enjoy their new jack boots.

However I have noticed so many folk are fairly depressed here in this country, and so I guess am I, as well

May God bless us all, and I pray that this will all finish sooner rather than later.


My layout is running fairly well. I have a few dead spots and a little derailing happening. In general I run a train and when it stops, I find out why, fix the problem and keep moving around the layout.

Sometimes its the rolling stock, sometimes the track, and fairly rarely these days, the wiring. Its a lot of fun, being able to operate the railway, however much better with friends around to enjoy it and the company.

I am presently upgrading old Powerline coaches. I am replacing the bogies and attaching them with screws after filling the large holes and drilling out the filler after filing everything neatly.

 As well I tossed the useless brass bogies under an expensive brass coach, They would not run 6 feet without derailing. And so I replaced  them with Auscision commonwealth bogies. tested the coach by lightly pushing it on the flat and it went 21 meters stopping only on the grade, and then returning to me within inches from whence it started. Never seen such a thing. Probably the weight?  But I am now working on some original (powerline) S cars and same bogies. Interesting to see how they roll.


Anyway, I am enjoying the job, so must get back to it.

Cheers all and Happy Railroading :D

Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments and suggestions from like minded individuals always welcomed. Help make this railway better :D