Haven't heard from Al since he went home, but those sheets of plaster were just too hard to handle. And if I only did some research first, I might have made it easier.
I tried to hire a lifting machine, but found you could buy them on Ebay less than the cost of a 3 day hire. Then I discovered they were used to do ceilings and high wall areas, not transporting from the truck to the work site.
I will now see if I can aford to get someone in to fit sheets (After I complete the wall studs)
Its funny how you do what you see, thinking thats the way it works. The truck driver used the under arm method and so did my son when we moved them under cover. I never thought of trying to lift the panel as described here.