2017_09_04 After Caulfield a week of important jobs, that really dont show.

2017_09_04 Scenery, adjusting track and fixing faulty rolling stock by finding out why derailments occur. First look at track, then look at wheels or couplings. Fix the problem!

So that's what Al and I did all day Friday, and we fixed quite a few problems.

Saturday  Graeme spent a day here and we completed  covering the foam with towels ready for top coats.
What will hold this up is fixing the Masonite fascias in place to form the terrain to. Ok need to get them cut at Bunnings, I guess.

Covered and stiffened with fiber towels in white glue (50/50) Brushed on. 

 The Wodonga cutting to House Creek is going to be very nice.

 House Creek up to Kelly Street, and Home Hill.

covering all except the rock molds.

I decided to buy a couple of points from Evan in Indonesia.

I was thinking of using the double track Y point here. The right tracks head up the helix, and the left tracks become the reverse loop. However the left hand side of the Y would have to turn too sharply to the right,to form the loop. So by moving the tracks to the left a little a new double track, right hand junction will fit this place perfectly.

And so Evan will make two more points for me. Here the reverse loop returns to Albury. I can make this junction with Peco Points. However If I move the points to the junction represented by the bit of roadbed sitting on top, and Evan builds me a left hand double track junction, I can save baseboard for Albury, and the point leads straight into the curve. Not a bad investment, as Evan does great work :)

So that brings me to today
Point Motor day at Trentham! 
I was disorganised as ever, but we did get seven Tortoise machines in place, even after breaking two tie bars, removing points and replacing them with brass tie bars.
We got there Al, Thanks mate we did good today :D

We had to pull the trolley out of storage , and laying on my back, I was able to locate the point motors in place and screw them home

Al helped locate the spring wire in the throw bar and held it whilst I made sure the motor was centered.Two screws tighten up and test. The wiring is complete to the points. But the switches are yet to be connected to 12v bus. And as well the live frog is not connected to the Tortoise SPDT switching.. But all is ready to go next time. And finally all those hanging wires can be set in place and be out of sight.