So much so that KD's simply uncoupled, and made it difficult to tow or even push around.
So I decided to fix it!
Too cold to go and get better pictures :( But here you see the wagon sitting low on left side. Push it down on right side and it will also stay down. Not a really suitable vehicle for my purpose.
Used gorilla glue as it sets hard and expands to fill all gaps. I just need to cut away excess and lightly sand before painting. Notice the coupling on left dropped. Easy enough to fix.
I used U section styrene which was two light and allowed body to sag. So I filled the U section with Gorilla glue which stiffened it up. It does not bend now.
Just needs filing and cleaning up of the U beams where gorilla glue expanded. the wagon is now stable and exerts a solid pressure on rail. Might have to remove a weight or two, as a 442 had trouble pushing it. This is the third vehicle in my maintenance train.
I have a Roco/Atlas powered Track cleaner that power vacuums the track, washes it with solvent or polishes the rail packed away.. and as well.....
This DCC controlled scrubber fitted with spinning polishing wheels. The wheels spin in opposite directions which powers it along slowly, and it does a good job.