2016/08/27

2016_08_27 I guess I am back?

2016_08_27  The weather is changing, and my health is improving.

This weekend I have decided to spring clean and finish off finding a home for all my junk


I guess the barrow shows a ruthless disposal of junk.  And I have already filled a skip many times. It just keeps on going!  :D


The 10 50 liter boxes  are starting to diminish, and yet the room still looks like a war zone :( This is probably contributing to my depression :(   However when its done I think all will be well ;)


I do use the McKenzie patented Locomotive storage bin (Meat clip-it container) I store locomotives waiting parts, such as sound speakers, or just repairs.  As the parts arrive I put them in the bins with the locos and add them to my to do list.  Most of these are to be fitted sound, which is in the bin. A few are damaged for repairs.




Now looking here you would think, I have not done much? However if you think about it, I need to find a place for all the junk. And it needs to be where I can find it again. So it takes a lot of sorting. I guess I cleaned this table down three times (bottom pic) But it just builds up again. But I will get there.


As the bins fill, they are stacked here under the new bench work. Probably need another 10 bins, as I have not even reached the front corner which I need to remove to finish off the last 2.5 m of wall.


empty boxes, and only another 13 to go!


Al decided to help with the stock yards. Thanks Mate Terry and Al have put together a heap of buildings for the layout. All I got to do is install them.
So a start was to add an extension for the cattle and sheep siding. Going to use Casula platform and cut it all in together and cover it in gravel etc etc. Another Walther's yard is coming and will finish it off with two Model Train Buildings yards


Model Trains Buildings



Just noticed these sitting in Wodonga yard. Did I show them before?  They run really well and navigate No6 crossovers well. I am happy with them, although I need to tone them down a tad.

Ok a few hours of (warm) daylight left. I guess I can fill a few more bins
Cheers
Rod Young

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments and suggestions from like minded individuals always welcomed. Help make this railway better :D