2018/12/17

2018_12_17 Digressing... Making Eureka R pull !

2018_12_17   The plastic R Class  project

Good friends!  What would we do without them? 
The more I see what my mates can do, the less I think of my own skills these days :(
Most of my friends also know Mark Laidlay.  We decided to show you how to get the maximum weight and therefore the maximum pulling power up grades that we can get.


First you need to clean up the inside by removing anything that gets in the way.
says Mark 
"I found my lead supply and opened up R719.  First job is to remove some burrs from details that intrude into the boiler space.  So I go to use the dental drill and no go!  So now the dental drill and the R are both disassembled!"



 That's fine but a pain if the tools don't behave. See what happens (to friend) when he helps you out :(



But eventually the work can continue. Job finished on  719 Now start on 704.


Mark is out to create a record. This is the most weight he has managed to install thus far.

Says Mark
"I weighed the two this morning:
R704 including tender (no extra weight) 353G
R719 including tender (extra weight) 443G.

So that’s 90g extra and all on the driving wheels, my best effort yet."

Cheers
Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments and suggestions from like minded individuals always welcomed. Help make this railway better :D