2019/04/13

2019_04_13 The Canopy Continues.

2019_04_13  The rewire continues and today we added to the canopy.






 The good news is that the PR4 arrived from the US today without GST, which was unexpected. Apparently the small business in the USA was not obliged to collect it.

Th onlybad news is pictured above. The lack of standards to operate engines DCC and DCC sound.
A standardised control sheet for Australian engines needs to happen. How do the MU this stuff?

The good news is that finally Decoder pro has worked three days in a row...  a modern record for me!

And the wiring project is ongoing.


You can see the blue and black wires running around inside of the helix, just glued down with hot glue. I have also run a green and black wire completely around. Next I need to add a brown and black wire. Each meter of the track then gets wired to the ring main cables.
Three tracks? So why not 4 wires with common return (black)  Well that was the short I am fixing.
One BG track with a passing loop at second level, will feed from an NCE 3 amp circuit breaker. The next two tracks are SG and will each have its own circuit breaker.
The circuit breakers need two wires in and two out. I had the black wire as a common. It appeared to work, however now it doesn't, Not sure why trains ran? Perhaps I never had two trains running on helix before?
THe Helix will in fact be a reversing loop. Not because it needs to be, however for reasons long since forgotten, the black return wire is always furthermost from the aisle (next to the wall) The helix reverses this and so I use reversers behind each NCE circuit breaker, requires 6 wires on the helix.
Droppers will link with solder each meter of track on this helix, mainly because I can do this standing up.

The canopy with Mr Schulz

Some Pics


 We decided to glue the end on first. Should go and take off the clamps to see if liquid nails will do the job.


stands 200mm of the corner and masonite is only a little stressed.

Whilst waiting this to dry we extended the canopy


 we extended the straight bit one bay each side, but ran out of a 4 way plastic joiner and could not finish. Graeme went on to building the curved portion at end of module. I was very busy most of time cutting and drilling as Graeme installed it all.


WE reinforced the join after gluing together two lengths of masonite, which will wrap around and be fixed to the droppers shown here (one of them, anyway)












































We needed extra four way plug to finish

2 comments:

  1. You never do anything by halves Rod. The lighting valence is coming along well, and I like the modularity of the aluminium framework. However, I am eagerly awaiting to see the success or otherwise of your lighting experiments..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I like it. However its not my thing. Marvelous to have good friends, like Graeme Schulz who know how to do this stuff :D Now lighting is my bit to add. I only need to find a better method to fix the LED strips too. When I fixed the original two runs using the self adhesive strips attached, they started to fall away. It was mainly because I used flexible venetian blind slats. As I bent them to fix them in place the LED strips released and would not stay fixed again. The attempt to glue the strips on after fixing also failed.. But we will get there!

    ReplyDelete

All comments and suggestions from like minded individuals always welcomed. Help make this railway better :D