2019/09/13

2019_09_13 Catch up or clean up?

2019_09_13  Accumulation of jobs and rubbish..what to do?

Ok a few days ago we had another Al-Day and accomplished a heap of work. Al seems to enjoy building a railway, but still recovering from his year long illness, makes me worry that he suffers a bit trying to twist in to places more suited for younger folk. Thank you Al you inspire me to finish this railway.

And so we installed 9 point motors and wired them all in including the live frogs.

I also completed the control panel and began adjusting the point throws using Tam Valley DCC singlet switches.

This morning, I started to complete a couple of wiring jobs and all of a sudden the accumulated rubbish caught my attention, finally.  :(




Plastics into garbage bags and wood and burnables into the fire place and burnt. But although the first picture shows a mess, the second actually shows work was done.  :)

This is about 30 minutes work, and I guess I have at least 8 hours more to do? However the major "tripping" hazard has been eliminated. (once I sweep up the dust and small bits)
  Had a fall yesterday inside the new helix, which fortunately did no damage, to me or the layout, however poor Al endured a typical PTSD gob full. Sorry mate.

I also attempted to get Al's Lima 38 Class working, however it appears to have a short and only goes a few inches and stops and starts. The tsunami sound decoder might be causing it, as I cannot find the short. Next job might be to return it to DC and see if problem persists?

Then I found a brand new Austrains T Class never been opened. I believe its one from EBay , forgotten among all the other boxes.
Forgotten how I used to add sound to these, but here I am trying to work out if a sugar cube speaker will go into the body instead of the fuel tank.


Unfortunately the loco failed on DC, and the armiture was very tight, not rotating with power applied.









Took it apart and everything looked ok



Until I found this jammed inside the motor dragging on the armiture. Perhaps the reason why it was sold and I hope I got it cheap :D

So back to the T Class. I will now fit a Liksound V4.0 with a Mike Walters sound program that I must have bought for this when I purchased it. now can the decoder fit in place of the lighting board?

Cheers
Rod


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments and suggestions from like minded individuals always welcomed. Help make this railway better :D