2020/07/13

2020_06_13 Quick update

2020_06_13  Still plugging away.

Wiring is still my biggest headache. However I have been maintaining locomotives, mainly to do with sound and split muffs on drive train.  I have Austrains X Class, T Class as well as Trainorama S an 44 Classes that need upgrades. Have plenty of wheel sets but finding the T Class offset muffs to be a problem.

I ordered 3 new B Class with sound fitted, a heap of Tam Valley as well as some new Digitrax controllers.

Parts for my Wodonga and Albury control panels have arrived. Should get into that soon.

Wanted to buy the new Powerline Z Cars but as usual, they messed them up. They just cant help themselves  "they are good enough the sheep will buy them anyway"




Peter shows the prototype A car and below is the model. All seats can face the direction of travel

This economy car (picture by Powerline)  shows the seating is probably for First Class cars and stands much too high. First Class cars have at least 14 windows as shown by Peter's picture.
EDIT Note the seats on the BZ were recliners and could face direction of travel, not fixed as I thought
You can see what I am griping about? We waited over 25 years for these! We should be able to plonk them and run them. Much better than the original S Cars, however they are relatively 3 times dearer, today's dollar.

And I really am sick of paying premium prices and getting lima quality toys :( I wanted 6 of them) and will end up giving them a miss, I think unless Auscision decides to build them as part of their SOP sets.

Anyway hope to show you more next time ;D

3 comments:

  1. Rod, the model photo is a BZ not an AZ..

    And I'm about 99.9% sure the factory has attached the concertina's back to front.. the buffing plate is attached to the end wall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Peter
    My gripe is that the BZ seems to have the AZ seating fitted and at least 2 feet higher than they should be. fitting HO people puts their heads above the windows!
    Tim says and I quote
    "Can't leave comments on the blog as usual.

    How many things have you counted wrong with the Z cars? This is the list
    I've got so far:

    From the pic you posted:
    - Vents in the side of the roof over the toilets missing on all models.
    - BZ cars have AZ seating **.
    - Seats are way too tall!
    - Car's with bogies with brake cylinder attached have no handbrake.
    - No toilet drain pipes
    - End diaphragms are the usual Powerline crap.
    - It appears workmanship issues are happening again.

    From painted preproduction samples on their FB site:
    - Depending on the numbers they do they may lack rivet detail on the
    side sill.
    - End doors have wrong size window.

    ** One pre-production BZ sample showed the correct back to back seating,
    V/Line Red/Blue MK 1 scheme."
    of course I really only object to cheating on the seats At #165+ these are supposed to be more than a toy.
    As usual the same people are criticizing my post off the blog, and I really don't give a s##t although I understand they are using me to tell young Ian what they also think! Ian is a nice bloke, its a shame he cant build Powerline stuff as he wants and is capable of doing. Cheers Rod

    ReplyDelete

All comments and suggestions from like minded individuals always welcomed. Help make this railway better :D