2020/09/17

2020_09_17

 2020_09_17 Tail lights and other things!




This new line was purchased to help me place DCC sound boards in older locomotives.



It certainly looks as if it can help things along.







Fitting the 21 pin decoder










Jurgen Engel normally paints these figures on O gauge. I asked him to paint the new HO versions. He was a little reluctant, however decided to give them a try.  Super stoked with the results. 






We altered the colors to suit Victorian engine men.



And so here we have part of the Hansons Quarry. The main building will sit up slightly behind the hill, and will feed graded crushed rock down a conveyor to track for loading. Not sure I can work with the loading bins provided. We will see.



This building will be built up double size and the windows and doors modified to represent the Pivot Fertiliser shed at the coal sidings.

PikeStuff kits are highly custom able, and I believe the windows etc are marked on the inside and can be cut out to suit your building.

I think, painted white and with a corrugated iron rail, unloading bay on one side, should look the part. 


TrainBuilder E Car side lights and tiny Chinese leds.



Small and a pity it did not have the handle on top. But very nice and am sure people can add it.


Putting these on my ZLP from Trainorama The provided lamps shown as comparison.


This tiny red LED was so tiny, I can hardly see it until I used macro here.


Tried to pullit through the lamp this way, it was slightly too large. I will probably open out the hole just a little.


Just to show how tiny the lamp is.


And so I drilled out the bottom and fitted the LED in and got this result. I will blank out the front of lamp with a solid lens and  fit white lights to the markers on the front of the van. Not a real problem as I intended using the 5 finger big hook to reverse the vans at terminal stations.


I really like these.



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments and suggestions from like minded individuals always welcomed. Help make this railway better :D