2019/08/26

2019_08_26 Big return trip to Caulfield for Exhibition

2019_08_26  Best Caulfield AMRA for years!

Had a great time at Caulfield picking up some goodies and meeting a lot of mates that I only seem to catch up with on this weekend each year. Moving 300 km away into the bush has consequences!

The big news for me is that Ixion are building the VR J Class and are rather well advanced showing engineering samples and hoping for an early 2020 release at about $650

Of course Phoenix have promised the D3 this year, however no samples as yet.

I picked up some Austrains 4 wheel flour pots (FJ)
Some SAR O wagons with and without red doors
Some SDS S flat cars and VR O wagons
A Eureka bobber 4 wheel NSW brake
And Tony sold me some WW2 Blitz army trucks for my Military special.

Lots of small items, buildings sound decoders, etc  which in the finish broke the Bank!

As well I purchased an IDR W class VR blue and gold modified GM engine with sound fitted.
Have to sit back and save for next year, because decided that AMRA NSW at Olympic Park is just not doable for me this year. A long tradition is coming to an end.
Traffic jams, football crowds and parking fees all contribute to a no go zone for me. Thank goodness for the Epping Rose Hill Exhibition, which for me was probably better than the last Liverpool Exhibition anyway.

I think Victoria's AMRA Exhiition has been lack lustre for several years now, however this year they seemed to have their mojo back again and I thoroughly enjoyed it once again.
Some pictures when I get a chance,

A picture of 3264 slow running after DCC fix and more about that when I get sound reinstalled. Needed a better speaker!





Cheers
Rod



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments and suggestions from like minded individuals always welcomed. Help make this railway better :D