2019/08/30

2019_08_30 Big project about finished,

2019_08_30  Unnamed terminus yard almost finished.



Fail proofing points








 I improved the point blade conductivity a little easier than before. Now I am lifting the tab on the blade and soldering to it. Then pushing the tab back down, and it is much easier than soldering to the blade itself.

Setting up the silo roads.


 Here is Al trimming track he has just laid and prepping the buffers.


 Installing the Auscision Goods Shed.


 WE kept stripping the screws that attached it to a board. Finally gave up and routed out a hole and sunk the board into it.
















After Al left for home, I fiddled around for a while and as well worked most of Saturday trying to work out what I could do with the yard.

Here is a video showing where I finished up. All I need do is tidy it up for a bit and connect droppers as well as point motors.

Here is how it finished up today :)

https://vimeo.com/356860282

Cheers
Rod



2 comments:

  1. Hi Rod

    As nice as the Auscision goods shed is, I found the biggest pain with it was the thickness of the base that it comes with, I don't have a router so cutting out a section for it was a no no, when I then turned it upside down I noticed there were several countersunk screws, when I removed them the base came off and the whole structure sat nicely at the right height for the location its location in Akuna yard. (when finally the yard and section is back in place)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one huge empire you are building Rod - Hats off to you for your perseverance.
    Regards
    Shelton

    ReplyDelete

All comments and suggestions from like minded individuals always welcomed. Help make this railway better :D