2015/10/07

2015_10_07- Col hussey visit

2015_10_07

Roger and I had a side trip on Saturday. WE visited our old friend Colin Hussey and his wife Julie.
We were well entertained and enjoyed our visit. As always I was looking for hints and Col stepped up and showed the work he has completed on his Model Railway which is situated in a large shed.
The theme was to be backdrops and as Col  introduced me to the sheets I purchased, it was good to see how he treated them on his layout. Let the pictures tell the story :)


















Nice :)  The clouds are made using templates of real clouds and then touched up with darkening pigments using an air brush.

Cheers
Rod

2 comments:

  1. I loved Col Hussey layout his trees are a good likeness of gum trees I don't where or what area Col models but the layout looks fun to drive, the photo number 16 has a good big gum in it. I was also thinking of local ballast in the NE the VR used build the railway in the 60s and 70s Glenrowan had ballast from the Quarry to south of town still operating today is a pinkish granite. there is also a quarry at Barnnawartha North south of the Murray Valley Highway turn off I will have to see if I can get some small rocks and some how to crush it The Wahgunyah line used white quarz from mine mullock heaps in the area Do you think this is a good idea. Malcolm Aldridge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Malcolm, missed your comment, Sorry :) I think you got to try it and see how it looks.
    If you can get to one of the mullock heaps I am sure a shovel full and a good sieve will get you what you want :)
    I keep telling people that the North East had two colours of ballast on the main. You, Sir, are one of the few who seem to recognize that. The SG between Seymour and Wodonga was ballasted with rock obtained from Glenrowan as you say. The BG was ballasted from the South with Blue stone. I ran up and down the gauge for 25 years and it was always a pink stone. Now of course the Glenrowan Siding is long gone and the Gauge is turning blue ;)
    Cheers
    Rod

    ReplyDelete

All comments and suggestions from like minded individuals always welcomed. Help make this railway better :D